Valued Workplace Skills/Advice
- Take Entrepreneurship courses and develop a business plan.
- Do a self-inventory and determine your strengths (get help in areas that are not your strength)
- Look for continuous opportunity to grow, learn and do things better.
- Be willing to accept and give constructive criticism.
- Good people skills are an absolute must.
- Good work ethic is needed (this can be a 24-hour-a-day job).
- See challenges as an opportunity to learn.
- Use Social Media and create a professional looking Website.
- Become very familiar with your market(s) and your competition.
- Get one or more mentors (having a good support network is essential).
- Trust your instincts and follow your heart.